Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pizza and Salad - Carol's Fantastic French Dressing




Homemade pizza was on my mind. And so was Carol's Fantastic French Dressing. Carol's French Dressing is really easy to make and everyone loves it.

The homemade pizza was easy once we decided on toppings. Jay wanted sausage and pepperoni. I wanted that plus green olives, red peppers and fresh parmesan cheese. Shelby said she liked everything. David wanted to add jalapenos. We all wanted tomato sauce and lots of mozzarella cheese.

I made up two rectangular pans with pizza crust and then everyone fixed their side the way they wanted it. (see May 26, 2010 blog post for pizza)

For the salad, we had iceberg lettuce, onion, red and green peppers. And Carol's dressing. Carol's dressing is sweet and tangy and it really goes a long way. I toss it into the salad before serving. It is surprising how little dressing is really needed. The recipe makes about a quart and will keep in the fridge for a while.

Carol's Fantastic French Dressing

1 cup salad oil (I usually use wesson vegetable oil)
1 cup sugar (I think you can reduce this a little bit)
2/3 cup ketchup
1/2 cup cider vinegar (don't use balsamic - use cider)
2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp minced onion (I grate the onion and rarely measure it)
Juice of 1 lemon (I use bottled lemon juice sometimes, a splash works)

Blend together with a wire whisk. Stores well in fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment